Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Comic Coalition Project Part 01- Silver Surfer, Batman, Doop, and Wolverine

This project came about this morning while playing around in my sketch book. I was fiddling around with the Kirby Krackle effect and I figured the best character to demonstrate the Kirby Krackle would be the Silver Surfer. The Surfer just so happened to be the favorite character of a friend from Twitter, Primewax. From there the idea sprouted that I would sketch the favorite character of each Comics Coalition member, for free. Now who/what is the Comic Coalition? Simply it's a lose connection of comic fans on Twitter that discuss comic book related topics on a near daily basis. Pretty cool gang for a bunch of comic nerds, if I say so myself.

With that out of the way here is the first batch of Comic Coalition sketches:
Silver Surfer 

More sketches after the jump

Batman 

The most bizarre request- Doop dressed as Batman


The most difficult so far- Wolverine

That's it so far. The Wolverine sketch was a challenge thanks to his mask and claws. Those are some of the most frustrating things to draw in perspective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment