Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Here's a preview of the final pencils of Mere Mortals strip 001

Mere Mortals Strip #001
Oh first off, you may notice I don't use bristol board or actual massive boards for my comics. The simple explanation is that I don't have a massive (and expensive) A3 scanner to scan boards of that size so I'm forced to use a normal sized pad of paper. Still the size I use is too big for the scanner I own so I have to reduce the amount of space down to 8.5'' x 11" in order to get the full comic in the scan. I hate working on restricted space as it limits the space between characters and limits how I can properly block the sets. I can deal with it though and I'm very pleased with this page. I was able to have stuff in the background and characters in the foreground. Something I like to do as a writer/artist (a wratist, if you will). Now I will scan the comic when I get home and begin the super fun project that is inking (which is something I have yet to master). I ink with traditional media so really the scanning process is to give me some back up of the pencils. Though I do have a pencil of the strip it was too big for the scanner so I had to shrink it down to size.

That's it for now. You can expect Mere Mortals this Saturday (May 1, 2010) over at Comicgensis.com, which I still need to submit to and set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment