Saturday, April 10, 2010

Comic Coalition Project part 02: MODOK, Green Lantern, Booster Gold, and Spider-man

In continuation of the Comic Coalition project here is a batch of new sketches. This time I drew M.O.D.O.K, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Booster Gold, and Spider-man. 

M.O.D.O.K

This one was one of the more interesting sketches as I've never drawn MODOK before nor any character like him. Getting things right was a challenge and while I'm not fully satisfied with the final product, the recipient enjoyed it. That's all that matters to me.-

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

Ah, Green Lantern. One of the more difficult poses of this batch. I always have trouble with limb placement with characters in flight. This one I must've erased several times in order to get right, never really did, but this still one of the better Hal Jordan Sketches I've done. I need to scan it in because for some reason my phone doesn't want to take a clean picture of the sketch.

See more after the jump


Booster Gold

Booster Gold wasn't that hard. Had some trouble in thinking of a pose then I remembered that he was a Football player in the future. So I took the Heisman Trophy and used it as a base for this sketch. Worked pretty well. Still don't like the facial expression, but I will keep practicing that. 


and Spider-man, the most difficult character of them all.

Every single time I sketch Spider-man I want to go back in time and hit Steve Ditko with a bat. I love the iconic costume but it's a pain to draw. With that said, I liked how well this sketch came out. The pose was new one and the mask-less Peter worked well. The fingers are a little chunky, but what can you do. 

That does it for now. Check back later for more sketches 


No comments:

Post a Comment