Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Work begins on the comic strip.

If you follow me through twitter or check out my various websites, you know I have been working on a comic project for ages. Well in reality I have been working on several ideas over the years that eventually became one massive universe. Well I wasn't sure how to present this universe. I didn't want to go straight in with a team book and explain everything as I went. As for a webcomic that can be boring. So I decided to try to develop a comic strip that would focus on a few characters that while minor in the big picture, would give audiences something to relate to and would work as an introduction to this massive universe of super humans. Now what is this strip comic about?

Well it's about these two comic book geeks living in a world of super heroes. It's a simple idea and most likely been covered before, I know, but I think it's just simple enough to work. It also allows me to have fun drawing random things and exploring the world I've created through the eyes and minds of two normal Joes instead of  a gang of heroes. I will be back later to introduce you to the cast of the comic but till then here is a preview of the first strip.

Click to enlarge

Not much is spoiled about the comic, I kept out the dialog. But as you can tell from the strip it will be presented in a Sundays comic format and that the first arc revolves around Free Comic Book Day. Expect this strip next Saturday.

Now to go finish penciling strip 002 and name this comic series.

No comments:

Post a Comment