Thursday, April 15, 2010

Comic Coalition Project Part 04: Thor, Lyra the Savage She-Hulk, and Machine Man

This is the final batch of sketches from the Comic Coalition Project. This week I tackled the Norse God of Thunder, Lyra the Savage She-hulk, and, everyone's favorite robot, Machine Man.

Thor and Frog Thor

The story behind this sketch is that my friend wanted a Thor sketch. No problem. But I wanted to do something unique so I added everyone's favorite Deity possessed Frog to the sketch and split them with a simple lighting bolt. The hardest part of the sketch had to be the placement of the circles on Thor's chest, or maybe Frog Thor's face. Nevertheless I enjoyed working on this sketch. Never pass up a chance to work on Thor. 

More after the Jump


Lyra, the Savage She-Hulk

I have to be honest, I never read a comic with Lyra. I can't stand Red Hulk nor Dark Reign, which led to me missing out on the comics featuring Lyra. Not sure if I should consider it shame, but oh well. This was a fun request and the only female of the bunch. I did notice that she wears the same boots as Thor. Thought that was weird, but yeah here she is. It was nice drawing a female for once. Need to do it more often. 

and the final sketch of the Comic Coalition Project- 

Machine Man

Machine man was an interesting sketch. Wasn't sure on the pose so I admit I went something Generic but I think it worked well for this character. The most frustrating part of the sketch had to be the trench coat. More specifically the collar. It doesn't help I never even seen a trench coat in person. Next time I will get some reference pictures before attempting another sketch with a trench coat. 

That concludes the Comic Coalition Project. It was a fun experience and I will begin work on my next art project here soon. Thanks for reading along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment